Mobile Home Siding Replacement Guide And Tips
Siding is the outer layer or cladding of a house. Its purpose is to protect the house from weather effects. Selecting the right siding helps the homeowner to prolong the life of the mobile home. Below are different types of mobile home siding replacement materials used;
Common Signs That It's Time To Replace Siding
This is popular because it is light and termites cannot damage it. However, it corrodes and has high maintenance expenses and labor intensive. It is essential to remove leaves and debris often to help prevent rusting. Very wet weather causes aluminum oxidation, which results to a faded appearance. You can pressure wash and paint the siding.
Home owners select log siding to create a rustic appearance. This siding is manufactured with half round logs and is joined with staples, nails or screws. The logs can be made of fiberglass or other light weight materials. It is termite resistant and easy to maintain. Log siding needs regular painting or coating after a few years.
This is the most popular mobile home siding material. Vinyl is lightweight, lasting and easy to clean. There are different types of colors and is easy to paint when the color begins to fade. Mobile homes are normally located in rural areas where dust leaves and mold can be an issue. Use a pressure washer to clean discolored and stained vinyl siding. In very cold weather, vinyl siding becomes brittle.
Wood siding is heavy and can exert pressure on the mobile house. It cannot be cleaned often since excessive water can make it rot. Wood siding is pre-treated against termites but it is not entirely safe from termites. The best maintenance alternative is to close the joints and paint the siding. The main benefit of using wood siding is the ability to change the look every few years with a new color design
Increased Heating and Cooling Bills
When a house heating and cooling expenses goes up that could be a sign that a house require new siding. It may be a damaged roof or lack of attic insulation.
Rotting or Warping
You need to do a thorough home siding inspection. Use a rather sharp object like a screwdriver. Check out for warped siding or rotting boards. To find how solid the under layer is ensure that you poke under any warped siding. In case the layer is soft or has begun to rot, the home siding need immediate replacement.
Peeling paint can be a sign for mobile home siding replacement. Poor siding allows moisture to penetrate through wall board and can later cause considerable damage to the interior house walls.
Fungus, Mold, or Mildew
Growth such as, fungus, mold or mildew on a house siding, particularly near the seams may be a sign that water is seeping through. Although not all signs of fungus, mildew or growth indicate need for replacement, such growth should be investigated immediately.
A step by step tutorial to installing the siding on a mobile home:
1. Access the damaged section and cut off any excess siding that is sticking out.
2. Tap the edges of the damaged siding mildly using a rubber mallet until the siding becomes straight compared to bordering siding panels.
3. Measure the whole damaged section using a measuring tape and create a square patch. Use a pen and notebook to note down the measurement
4. Add six extra inches all around. The extra inches will act as an overlap for the rivets to secure the patch to the section that is not damaged.
5. Measure the siding to be used to create the patch. Apply a pencil and a carpenter square to mark the square patch.
6. Using tin snips cut the square siding patch and trim the side burrs. Place the square patch on the damaged siding section. Ensure that you overlap the damaged section with the patch six inches around the square. Draw an outline around the square patch using a pencil.
7. Put the patch on a vise and clamp the vise down around the patch. Drill pilot holes on the top, bottom and sides of the patch using a drill. Ensure that it is the same size as the pop rivets. Place each pilot hole almost one inch apart, loosen the vise and rotate the patch as required.
8. Remove the patch from the vise and press it against the square pencil marking across the damaged section of the siding. Complete drilling out every pilot hole into the siding. Slip a pop rivet into every corner of the patch to keep the patch in position.
9. Apply silicone around the whole patch. Use your fingers to spread the silicone evenly across the edges for a perfect mobile home siding replacement.
Leeds, Greenfield, Oxford, Walker, West Park, Brandon, California, Vadnais Heights, Indiana, Hewitt, Kokomo, Berkley, Burlingame, Baker, North Miami, Walla Walla, Sioux City, Larkspur, Jeannette, Napa, Culver City, Midland, McMinnville, Michigan, Victorville, Ringwood, Abbeville, Bellwood, East Rockaway, Oregon, Lawrenceville, Pico Rivera, Maine, Cincinnati, Eden Prairie, Campton Hills, Jamestown, Newton, Lancaster, Dubuque, Pennsylvania, Oshkosh, Casselberry, Chesapeake, Cambridge, Anderson, Ogden, Union City, New Castle, Grandview, Bountiful, Woodstock, Oak Creek, Paramount, Brook Park, Forest Park, Northfield, Evergreen Park, Banning, Bossier City, Edmonds, Jefferson City, Ohio, Wilton Manors, Bothell, Rhode_Island, Marshalltown, Fridley, Newburgh, Franklin Park, Beach Park, Clovis, Vermont, Hanford, Florida
How Can I Sell My Mobile Home?
By Richard Shelmerdine
If you are wondering how can I sell my mobile home then I think I can help you. I had a home that I struggled to sell and the bids that came in were just not high enough. After changing a few things inside though I started to get bids I was more comfortable with and eventually sold my place for a price I was happy with. Here are some of my top tips for those who are asking how can I sell my mobile home.
[READ FULL ARTICLE]
Ditch My Landline? I Think Not! Combine Your Home and Mobile VoIP
By Jess Smith
As the price of unlimited, or high minute cellular plans continues to become less expensive (but not cheap), many people have already cut their landline service to their home. Even more have at least thought about it. Let's face it, if you have unlimited minutes on your cell phone, or you don't use all of your included minutes each month, why have two phone services? You could save $25-$50 per month by dumping your landline service.
[READ FULL ARTICLE]
Home Heating System: Boost the Heat in a Cold Bedroom
By Don Ames
How to boost the heat in a cold bedroom. Dealing with a cool bedroom is frustrating. Here are 6 surefire ways to fix the problem and warm up the room.
[READ FULL ARTICLE]
Tripod 5th Wheel Stabilizers - How to Finally Stop Your RV From Shaking
By Fay Salmons
For RV owners, 5th wheel stabilizers are a big help in stabilizing their mobile homes. When you have reached a camping site, there is really no assurance that the ground would be stable or solid. That is where stabilizing equipments like 5th wheel stabilizers are greatly needed.
[READ FULL ARTICLE]