Mobile Home Siding Replacement Guide And Tips
Siding is the outer layer or cladding of a house. Its purpose is to protect the house from weather effects. Selecting the right siding helps the homeowner to prolong the life of the mobile home. Below are different types of mobile home siding replacement materials used;
Common Signs That It's Time To Replace Siding
This is popular because it is light and termites cannot damage it. However, it corrodes and has high maintenance expenses and labor intensive. It is essential to remove leaves and debris often to help prevent rusting. Very wet weather causes aluminum oxidation, which results to a faded appearance. You can pressure wash and paint the siding.
Home owners select log siding to create a rustic appearance. This siding is manufactured with half round logs and is joined with staples, nails or screws. The logs can be made of fiberglass or other light weight materials. It is termite resistant and easy to maintain. Log siding needs regular painting or coating after a few years.
This is the most popular mobile home siding material. Vinyl is lightweight, lasting and easy to clean. There are different types of colors and is easy to paint when the color begins to fade. Mobile homes are normally located in rural areas where dust leaves and mold can be an issue. Use a pressure washer to clean discolored and stained vinyl siding. In very cold weather, vinyl siding becomes brittle.
Wood siding is heavy and can exert pressure on the mobile house. It cannot be cleaned often since excessive water can make it rot. Wood siding is pre-treated against termites but it is not entirely safe from termites. The best maintenance alternative is to close the joints and paint the siding. The main benefit of using wood siding is the ability to change the look every few years with a new color design
Increased Heating and Cooling Bills
When a house heating and cooling expenses goes up that could be a sign that a house require new siding. It may be a damaged roof or lack of attic insulation.
Rotting or Warping
You need to do a thorough home siding inspection. Use a rather sharp object like a screwdriver. Check out for warped siding or rotting boards. To find how solid the under layer is ensure that you poke under any warped siding. In case the layer is soft or has begun to rot, the home siding need immediate replacement.
Peeling paint can be a sign for mobile home siding replacement. Poor siding allows moisture to penetrate through wall board and can later cause considerable damage to the interior house walls.
Fungus, Mold, or Mildew
Growth such as, fungus, mold or mildew on a house siding, particularly near the seams may be a sign that water is seeping through. Although not all signs of fungus, mildew or growth indicate need for replacement, such growth should be investigated immediately.
A step by step tutorial to installing the siding on a mobile home:
1. Access the damaged section and cut off any excess siding that is sticking out.
2. Tap the edges of the damaged siding mildly using a rubber mallet until the siding becomes straight compared to bordering siding panels.
3. Measure the whole damaged section using a measuring tape and create a square patch. Use a pen and notebook to note down the measurement
4. Add six extra inches all around. The extra inches will act as an overlap for the rivets to secure the patch to the section that is not damaged.
5. Measure the siding to be used to create the patch. Apply a pencil and a carpenter square to mark the square patch.
6. Using tin snips cut the square siding patch and trim the side burrs. Place the square patch on the damaged siding section. Ensure that you overlap the damaged section with the patch six inches around the square. Draw an outline around the square patch using a pencil.
7. Put the patch on a vise and clamp the vise down around the patch. Drill pilot holes on the top, bottom and sides of the patch using a drill. Ensure that it is the same size as the pop rivets. Place each pilot hole almost one inch apart, loosen the vise and rotate the patch as required.
8. Remove the patch from the vise and press it against the square pencil marking across the damaged section of the siding. Complete drilling out every pilot hole into the siding. Slip a pop rivet into every corner of the patch to keep the patch in position.
9. Apply silicone around the whole patch. Use your fingers to spread the silicone evenly across the edges for a perfect mobile home siding replacement.
Apple Valley, Lawrence, Springville, South Carolina, Tuscaloosa, Bucyrus, Rye, Palos Hills, Nixa, Portland, Albuquerque, Cleveland Heights, Pennsylvania, Bay St. Louis, Owasso, Bellevue, Canton, Maryland Heights, Hudson, Missouri, Rochester, Hamilton, Newton, Ardmore, Oviedo, Lakewood, Monroeville municipality, Newport Beach, Wixom, Bell, Tiffin, Montana, Maryland, Alabama, Quincy, Daphne, Sunnyvale, Mountain Home, Wickliffe, Mount Vernon, Pierre, Snellville, Hurst, Evergreen Park, University City, Pocatello, King City, Scotts Valley, Grand Island, Port St. Lucie, Lockport, Lincolnwood, Lansdale, East Chicago, Converse, Red Bank, Oakdale, Temple City, Goshen, Federal Heights, Commerce City, New York, Oklahoma, Flint, Dover, Harrisonburg, Geneva, Buena Park, Mississippi, Walla Walla, Fort Thomas, Wyoming, Idaho, Grand Haven, Fountain Hills, Hanford, Fort Payne, Springfield, McKinney, Cooper City, Prospect Heights, Long Beach, Garden City, Carpinteria, Southfield, Shafter, Coachella, Cuyahoga Falls, Tahlequah, SeaTac, Matthews, North Arlington, Radford, Smyrna
Immediate iPhone Screen Repair - A Must for the Future of Your iPhone
By David Kang
If you have been using an iPhone for quite some time now, you must be aware of the fact that your precious little device is highly sensitive and breakable. Being made of fragile materials that can break at the slightest impact against a hard surface, your iPhone is highly prone to damage. In fact, your iPhone's glass screen is the most sensitive part and hence, it needs to be taken care of.
[READ FULL ARTICLE]
How to Increase Car Counts for Your Auto Repair Shop - Use Mobile or Text Message Marketing
By Matthew J Lee
Mobile Marketing is really SMS Messaging or Text Message Marketing. Instead of doing typical advertising in news papers and magazines or flyers and val-paks (that aren't working for you anyway), to increase your car counts, Mobile Marketing lets you put your message right on your customer's or prospect's phone - that's right in the palm of their hands.
[READ FULL ARTICLE]