Inspirational And Interesting Driveway Ideas On A Budget
A driveway provides primary access to a home. Therefore, it is important that a driveway complements and reflects the true character of your property. A driveway can easily set the tone of a basic visit to your home. Thus, it should never be overlooked. Most people think that it’s very expensive to design a driveway and keep it in prime condition.
However, you can use a lot of driveway ideas on a budget to make your home’s entrance look perfect. Before you give you some driveway ideas, let us talk about some considerations and different materials for driveways.
Some Important Considerations
While planning your driveway, you should take into account some important considerations. Some of these have been discussed below.
1) Budget: Your budget will determine the kind of materials you can afford for your driveway.
2) Material: Before choosing a material, you need to consider the cost, durability and aesthetics.
3) Drainage: You need an excellent drainage system to make sure water properly runs off your driveway.
4) Width: The width of a driveway should be sufficient for your vehicle, but not overwhelm your property.
5) Thickness: The thickness of the driveway should be based on the amount of traffic you expect in your home.
6) Access: The driveway should provide easy access to your parking area or garage.
7) Parking: There should be adequate parking for visitors to your property.
8) Maintenance: A driveway should be easy to maintain. You should not have to spend a lot of money on its upkeep. All the utility cables should also be easily accessible.
Types of Materials Used for Driveways
Here are some popular materials used for constructing and designing driveways:
1) Paved: Paved driveways are usually cheaper than concrete. Moreover, they are available in a lot of designs and colors. However, paved driveways are quite susceptible to weed growth between bricks. Paved driveways drain better than concrete. They can also be reused or recycled easily. Any colored paving can easily complement the color of your property.
2) Concrete: This material is prone to cracking and also wears quickly. It can also cause run-off from rains. However, concrete is quite inexpensive. You can use exposed aggregate concrete for better durability. Concrete can also be painted and stamped for a decorative effect. You can even seal it for longevity. Although concrete is labor intensive, it can still be recycled.
3) Asphalt / Bitumen: This is one of the most popular materials for driveway construction and designing. It has many similar properties to concrete. These materials can also be quickly installed. They are available in a lot of different colors. Although asphalt and bitumen don’t crack easily, they are susceptible to high temperatures.
4) Aggregate Surface: Aggregate surface includes crushed stone and gravel. This material can easily give a very natural feel to your driveway. However, it can be washed away by heavy use or heavy rain.
5) Plastic: Plastic lining is one of the most inexpensive materials for driveway construction and designing. Plastic is also very easy to install. You can easily dig out a thin trench along your driveway path and place the plastic lining in the trench. Then, you can cover it with the dust you just removed. Plastic lining looks attractive, but does not go over the top.
6) Brick Accenting:Although purchasing a lot of bricks can prove to be very expensive, you can still use just a dozen of bricks in many different ways. You can use bricks to arrange them around your driveway’s perimeter by simply placing them in the ground.
While designing your driveway, you should use only two types of finishes. This will give a very unique look to your driveway. You can also use a bordered edge with contrasting color. This will make your driveway look very stylish. You should also try to create a focal point with logos, designs and shapes to accentuate your driveway. You can randomly select colored paved bricks to provide a counterpoint design. Last but not the least, landscaping your driveway can enhance the overall appeal of your property.
If you have been considering remodeling your driveway, you should definitely consult a paver, landscaper or contractor about your options. A professional and experienced contractor will be able to give a lot more driveway ideas on a budget to increase the overall appeal and value of your property.
New Port Richey, Montebello, Phoenixville, Grants Pass, Hobbs, Front Royal, Fort Myers, Fort Collins, Cornelius, Royal Palm Beach, Medina, Apple Valley, Bessemer, Oklahoma, West Haven, Lindenwold, Rowlett, Lindenhurst, Haines City, Del Rio, Santa Clarita, Hallandale Beach, Pleasant Hill, Independence, Troutdale, Columbia Heights, Harrisonburg, Bensenville, Peoria, Alaska, Kentucky, Oskaloosa, Brandon, Arkansas, Lomita, Gahanna, Chester, La Vergne, Rexburg, Whitewater, Missouri, Williamsport, Ontario, Danville, Cedar Park, Calabasas, Commerce City, West Virginia, Perry, St. Peters, Spokane Valley, Turlock, Cleveland, Paragould, Yucaipa, SeaTac, Lincoln, Indian Trail, Burleson, Haverstraw, Gretna, Claremont, Carlsbad, Macomb, Nicholasville, Hartselle, Beach Park, Hawaii, Grafton, Springfield, Renton, Illinois, Tallmadge, Detroit, Midwest City, Carol Stream, West Chicago, North Augusta, Cathedral City, Lake Zurich, San Buenaventura (Ventura), Mounds View, Clute, Kingman, South Carolina, Staunton, Hazleton, New Philadelphia, Freeport, Chula Vista, Pleasantville, Denver, Arizona